Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sexy Self Esteem-Raising Strategy

I have low self esteem. I'm trying to combat it, but it's not the easiest thing in the world- especially on days like today where my hair is messy and my clothes are dirty and I could really just use a good shower.
How can I look myself in the mirror right now, as grungy as I look, and say "You're beautiful" to my reflection?

I can't. At least, I can't say it and mean it. If I can't say it and mean it, then I certainly can't believe it.
So I don't bother trying to.

Instead, I break out the exhibitionist in me and take a slightly different route...

Erotic pictures. I love taking erotic pictures of myself. Posed with my body arched back, sun pouring through the window on my pale skin..It's beautiful.
I can see that picture and think it's beautiful, and I know that it's not the picture- it's me. Stripping down and snapping shots helps raise my self esteem level.

It also helps because a reflection changes day to day. I could look gorgeous one day and grungy the next. The pictures I take will last a lifetime, so even when I look like crap I can look back on them and say I am a beautiful person.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of myself. It was hard to choose one out of the set it belongs to, but I quite like this one.

Right now I'm crampy and tired and not my best, but I see that and feel beautiful. If I feel beautiful, that's all that really matters, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment